Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch 4948E compatibility ISE

Rss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does anybody knows if the switch 4948E is compatible with ISE, CoA, redirection, dACL, etc?

Thanks for your help

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is not something listed directly with ISE compatibility
I did a google search for the 4948 and it does support dot1x and apparently COA as there is a listed of a bug fixed, so yes it should support these flows although not officially tested with ISE if the features are supported then TAC should support

redirect-url and redirect-acl are not cleared after a successful CoA, causing the final step of Central Web Authentication to fail. 

Workaround: Return a dACL in the authorization profile with successful guest authentication. 

CSCue62019

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is not something listed directly with ISE compatibility
I did a google search for the 4948 and it does support dot1x and apparently COA as there is a listed of a bug fixed, so yes it should support these flows although not officially tested with ISE if the features are supported then TAC should support

redirect-url and redirect-acl are not cleared after a successful CoA, causing the final step of Central Web Authentication to fail. 

Workaround: Return a dACL in the authorization profile with successful guest authentication. 

CSCue62019

Hi Jason

Thanks for your help.

I did some test and worked, but I didnt put in product environment  because the link said there is no compatibility, reason I prefer not use this switch.

Very thanks for your help.

Regard

If the switch supports the features of COA, dot1x, web redirection to external portal for CWA then you can run it in production. ISE team doesn't test every switch combination out there however but these are common features in most of the code. You should move forward if you want it

Hi Jason

ok, thanks for your help, and recomendation.

I´ll do that in a near feature

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card