ASCompany
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have new project in hospital with the bellow product :

20 X WS-C2960-24TC-S

2 X WS-C3750X-48T-S

2 X WS-C2960S-24TS-S

i need to configure this switch in order to work first the 2 core switch for redundancy then each catalyst switch 2960 connected to the core with 2 uplink each uplink for each core switch that way i have rendundancy in the connection then i need one vlan

i need help to configure this switch to work perfectly with each other in best redundancy mode any configuration for this switch will be very helpfull for me

thank you

2 Replies 2

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hi George.

I assume you will be using 3750x as core switches.

For redundancy, I would suggest Hot Stand Router Protocol (HSRP), having one core switch as active and the other one as standby gives you high availability and also redundancy, let me share with you the following links about HSRP:

Hot Standby Router Protocol Features and Functionality

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094a91.shtml

Configuring HSRP and VRRP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15.0_2_se/configuration/guide/swhsrp.html

Wilson.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

But first, put the 3750X into a stack.  Next, you send two uplinks from the 2960 or 2960S to the core switch and configure etherchannel on both the floor switch and the core switches.

2960/2960S do not need the command "switch trunk encap dot" because dot1q is the only (and default) option.

You cofigure a port for etherchannel like this:

interface range G0/1 - 2

switchport mode trunk

channel-group mode ON

On the 3750X, it'll look like this:

interface range G1/0/24 , G2/0/24

switchport encap dot

switchport mode trunk

channel-group mode ON.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card