Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch is not responding but it is ON

smcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have an issue with the one C9300-48P switches with two switches on the stack and both versions are 16.12.8. The issue is I cannot ping from any computers and when I connect to the switch it is all interface is active but uplink is not showing in the CDP neighbors command.  

What could be the issue all memory and CPU utilization is normal. 

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks! 

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It's unclear what you mean, do users connected on the switch have no connectivity ? Start with a reboot of the switch, attach a console first and check the boot process

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

We do not have much information to work with to understand the issue. Perhaps a place to start would be to post the output of the commands show interface status, show ip interface brief, show ip route.

HTH

Rick

smcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for all your reply. 

We have got again hang our switch. There are two switches 9300-48-P and both are running IOS 16.12.8 and on the stack. After reboot, it was working fine but again after my first post. 

Thanks

It is interesting but not particularly helpful to know that it happened again. We asked for additional information which you have not provided. Until we have more information to work with we will not be able to give you any good advice.

HTH

Rick

I checked all interfaces with CDP neighbors are showing correctly and also memory utilization is normal and the speed of the interface is also matched.

I checked when the switch was hanged so I connect with the console and only the uplink which is connected to the core switch was not showing I mean on the CDP neighbors entry but physically it was connected and the light status was also stable.

Kindly let me know what information is required to troubleshoot I will provide you all. Thanks so much! 

In my previous response I asked for this "Perhaps a place to start would be to post the output of the commands show interface status, show ip interface brief, show ip route." It would be especially helpful if we could see those outputs from a time that was normal and also from a time when you were experiencing the problem.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card