Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch WS6509-E IOS upgrade

Hello Bro's,

I have here in the Datacenter cisco 6509-e switch, pretty nice but I have question here, WHAT IOS's to check for the upgradability? I have here Sups, modules,..etc?
Is there any differences in upgrading the IOS? we just used to tftp it in the flash "bootdisk here" then changing the system boot command.
Only the Sups IOSs that need to be downloaded and upfraded IOSs? do modules too need any kinda updates ?

notice:
         The current version of the IOS is Software (s2t54-IPBASEK9-M), Version 15.1(2)SY1.

Thank you all in advance :)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hey

yes you can use tftp and change the boot statements and reload the sup to install it new image , make sure its loaded to same location as current files

Modules dont contain images just sups

This is the current safe harbor version and its MD while your on ED so should be more stable for bugs

Cisco Systems15.1.2-SY7 , this has same amount of dram and flash as current image and is in same train so you should not face any issues with it during upgrade

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283933147&softwareid=280805680&os=&release=15.1.2-SY7&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=!pp

View solution in original post

hi

Your current image supports exact same in dram and flash as new image 2048/1024

check the link I posted shows your image and the new 1 both with identical requirements to be ran

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hey

yes you can use tftp and change the boot statements and reload the sup to install it new image , make sure its loaded to same location as current files

Modules dont contain images just sups

This is the current safe harbor version and its MD while your on ED so should be more stable for bugs

Cisco Systems15.1.2-SY7 , this has same amount of dram and flash as current image and is in same train so you should not face any issues with it during upgrade

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283933147&softwareid=280805680&os=&release=15.1.2-SY7&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=!pp

Thank you mark for the response so much but when I check the #show version, the result include "cisco WS-C6509-E (M8572) processor (revision ) with 1785856K/262144K bytes of memory." and "2543K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory."

which is not compatible with the image requirement in the link you provided which is 2048 / 1024 "in megs i think".

more clarification please ?

hi

Your current image supports exact same in dram and flash as new image 2048/1024

check the link I posted shows your image and the new 1 both with identical requirements to be ran

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card