Views
Helpful
Replies

Switched Embedded Teaming (SET) with Nexus

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I need to confiure a switchport on 2 Nexus Switches which are connected together via vPC peer link. In the past we used LACP on the Windows Server site, so creating a Portchannel with vPC was the solution on the Nexus. Now with Windows Server 2016 we gonna use Switch Embedded Teaming (SET) and no LACP anymore.

The question is what do I have to setup on the Nexus Switches to get it running correctly via vPC peer?

Rene

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
you can use mode ON instead of lacp/pagp with VPC when using SET that will work

Hi,

is it a must to setup a portchannel on the Nexus or can I simply configure the ports on both Nexus Switches as Trunk Port? I guess I need the vpc xx command within the port-channel to get it work correctly?!

Hi,

You should not have to put them in a Portchannel.  As long as NIC team is configured correctly, you can simply connect them to the switches.

HTH

Hi you could test it that way ,to be honest i have not and if its active active your end could cause an issue if not in vpc, if its active standby maybe not , i have seen it working though with a vpc portchannel set to on when in SET mode on server side
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card