Views
Helpful
Replies

Switched Embedded Teaming (SET) with Nexus

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I need to confiure a switchport on 2 Nexus Switches which are connected together via vPC peer link. In the past we used LACP on the Windows Server site, so creating a Portchannel with vPC was the solution on the Nexus. Now with Windows Server 2016 we gonna use Switch Embedded Teaming (SET) and no LACP anymore.

The question is what do I have to setup on the Nexus Switches to get it running correctly via vPC peer?

Rene

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
you can use mode ON instead of lacp/pagp with VPC when using SET that will work

Hi,

is it a must to setup a portchannel on the Nexus or can I simply configure the ports on both Nexus Switches as Trunk Port? I guess I need the vpc xx command within the port-channel to get it work correctly?!

Hi,

You should not have to put them in a Portchannel.  As long as NIC team is configured correctly, you can simply connect them to the switches.

HTH

Hi you could test it that way ,to be honest i have not and if its active active your end could cause an issue if not in vpc, if its active standby maybe not , i have seen it working though with a vpc portchannel set to on when in SET mode on server side
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card