Views
Helpful
Replies

switching help

mohamed sebaey
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts

I need your help , actually i have a design from my customer who have ( Cisco core switch 3750 (allports fiber ports) which is connected to L2 switches , these switches carry servers and end users .

the only routing protocol on the access switches is static route ,

My question how can i route the traffic from the server to the end user , as the the server is not direct connect to the core switch.Please i need a helpfull configuration

thanks anyway

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need to do anything, it will work as it is.

Do you have an understading of basic LAN/IP working ?

Thanks for your reply , but what about  routing. actually how can the voice traffic transfer from L2 switch to core switch through fiber link after that from core switch to end switches.The configuration will be only trunk ports and access ports , vlan configuration , that is all. I need your help

There is attached please find it

Thanks

Hello

All you routing is done by the L3 switch - Only what you need to do is add this switch to the core switch on one of it fibre ports( as you have stated) Then Trunk that interface and provide the switch with a management IP address and default-gateway.

Lastly defin the access ports of the servers or hosts that will connect to it.

New switch-basic config
---------------

Config t
Vtp mode transparent (sets the vtp revision number to 0)
Vtp mode client

Interface x/x (this is the interface connecting to the core switch via fibre)
Switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
Switchport mode trunk
No shut

Interface vlan xx ( this is the switch virtual interface usually vlan 1))
IP address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

Ip default-gateway x.x.x.x
(this is the IP address of the core switch for the management vlan usually vlan 1 although it is against best practices to use vlan 1)

Int x/x ( access- ports )
Swichport host
Switchport access vlan xx
No shut

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks for you , all of these configuration have been already configured successfully . I will teset , if there any issue i will let you know. the routing will be through Core switch for IP phones to register to voip server , or access points to register to WLC , correct me if i am wrong?. i hope also to confirm woth you routing on Core switch to route calls from end users to Voip server and from access points to WLC. I need to set a configuration of QOS between edge switches and access switches , please help.

Any help please

Generally you'd create 3 SVI's for the 3 VLAN's Wireless, Phones and Computers, 4 if you want a separate VLAN for the servers.  Enable IP routing on the core switch and just assign the ports on your access switches to the appropriate VLANs.  Also under VLAN SVI's on the core you'll setup ip helper command so that the clients can get an IP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card