Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching mode Nexus 9372TX and 9372PX

g.ska
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have a question about cisco Nexus 9372TX and 9372PX. Could you tell me if the switch works in "cut-through" or "store-and-forward" mode ?

Best Regards,

Greg.

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Greg,

Nexus 9K series runs by default cut through switching mode and you can change to store and forward by below commands

switch# configure terminal
switch(config) # switching-mode store-forward
switch(config)# copy running-config startup-config ( Optional but I woudl recommend)

Have a look on the document for switching mode N9k

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helpss

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Greg,

According to Cisco documentation for NXOS release 7.x, the N93's only support SaF and not cut-through. Unless I have read it incorrectly.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/layer2/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Layer_2_Switching_Configuration_Guide_7x/Configuring_Switching_Modes.html

Hope it helps

Bilal

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hi Bilal,

I've seen this document but at the beginning of the paragraph it speak about  "HiGig / 42G" and the command to configure that thing. After it said: "This feature is supported only for the Cisco Nexus 9500 Series switches with the 9636PQ line card. It is not supported for the Cisco Nexus 9300 Series switches."

My question is: What it's not supported? Cut-through switching or just the command: switching-mode fabric-speed 40g (to support 40G instead of 42G)?. 

Best regards,

Greg.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card