cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

switchport mode general

sathyajith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there is a switch sg 350 which is used for IP-Phones currently when it is made  switchport mode general the ip-phones works..but it automatically changes to  switchport mode trunk and all the ip-phones changes is there anything that i can make it  switchport mode general permanently and save so that ip-phone work. Every second day i get this issue all the ip-phones stops working and when i check the switch i find it's changed to  switchport mode trunk. plz any suggestion on this.

I have attached the configuration. 

5 Replies 5

disable auto smart port feature

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/350xg/admin_guide/AG_Tesla_350_550.pdf 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

if i am check the logging i am seeing this error all the time

VLAN-W-BestLocal!=Oper: inconsistency detected, VSDP voic e VLAN configuration differs from best local. Best local is Voice VLAN-ID 20, VP T 1, DSCP 48

I have disabled the smart port feature kept under monitoring..

this is still happening anymore solution.. it automatically changes to switchport mode trunk and all the users aren't able to use the internet..i have to login to the switch and int range gi1/0/1-48 and make it switchport mode general it's now happening every day 

PzMeer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have this problem too. Thanks for guiding us in this regard. Now this absolutely helps me in my project also. Hope this community would helps us in solving queries and problems.  Regards PzMir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card