Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX350X blocks iSCSI flow

Hi.
We have ESXi hosts that use Dell 3800 storage.
At the moment it connected directly (1G copper) and set up using iSCSI protocol.

We have decided to change the topology and connect ESXi hosts and the storage using Cisco SX350X switches.
So the problem is when we have connected hosts and the storage via SX350X, so it seems that the switch somehow blocks iSCSI traffic.
I have turned on iSCSI on the switch but can`t see the storage from the ESXi host.
I have already tried to change vlans on the ports set it tu trunk mode - nothing works.

So the question is - is there some mandatory settings to "enable iSCSI" for building iSCSI SAN topology on SX350X?

Screenshots with some settings of SX350X are attached

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The problem was in VLANs!

Solved!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Further verify and or correlate  your settings with this documentation :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5353-optimize-internet-small-computer-system-interface-iscsi-traf.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I have already had all these settings...

No result... If I connect the storage to the host directly

ESXi <-> Dell3800 (and the same with Dell4240)

- everything works

but it add SX350X with these settings between them

ESXi <-> SX350X <-> Dell3800

rescan adapters in vsphere - host stop seeing storage and the storage can`t see iSCSI initiator.

switch settings attached

- Check if you can see anything in the logs when iscsi traffic is supposed to get initiated, check logs on the esxi-environment too.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Nothing else but these lines in Vsphere logs:

Login to iSCSI target iqn.2001-10.com.emc.cx.apm000500006006.a1 on vmhba40 failed. The iSCSI initiator could not establish a network connection to the target.

The problem was in VLANs!

Solved!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card