Helpful
Replies

Synchronizing Configurations between Switches

giridar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have two WS-C3850-48T with CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9 16.3.5b 

would like to know if i can synchronizing the configurations of one switch to the second one, when even i make a change in the first one, similar when we are having HA ASAs 

4 Replies 4

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

giridar,

Usually when ASAs are in HA mode, they are Active/Standby (only one passes traffic) or Active/Active (contexts are active/standby per context). As a result, having identical configurations is not an issue as they are not both active.

If you tried this with a switch, you could run into trouble with duplicate IPs on the network unless one switch was totally offline. In that case, I am not sure how the config could be synched between the two.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking and Cloud Group

thank you, 

Hello,

I did some experimenting with this, and it seems to be possible to create an EEM script that copies the configuration of one switch to the other whenever a change to the configuration occurs. The 'problem' is that the configs can never be exactly the same, as there needs to be two different IP addresses at all times for reachability. So part of the script is to change the IP address needed for reachability to a different one.

If that is an acceptable 'solution', I can send the scripts over.

Hello

Can the switches become a Stack?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card