Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

syslog

Dear all,
I configured the syslog on my switch Catalyst 2900 to a server but I do not receive the logs when I log in to the switch, I get only log in when the gigabit port go down or up.

logging buffered 8192
logging 172.26.80.46
logging trap informational
logging facility local7
service timestamps log datetime
service timestamps debug datetime

Thanks a lot for cooperation

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the clarification. This link should provide helpful information. The key part of it is the login on-failure and login on-success

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10867541/how-log-success-and-failed-login-attempt-details-router-syslog

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You seem to be saying that you get logs about ports going down when you log into the switch but beyond that I am not clear what problem you are experiencing. Is that the logs do not show up on the server or is it that you believe that there should be more in the logs than just ports going down or up? Can you clarify?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Dear Richard,

thanks for your speed answer :-)

I need the log of when we authenticate on the switches; loging and logout

THANKS

Thank you for the clarification. This link should provide helpful information. The key part of it is the login on-failure and login on-success

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10867541/how-log-success-and-failed-login-attempt-details-router-syslog

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

PERFECT

THANKS A LOT, now i recive what I want.

THANKS

I am glad that my suggestion did provide the solution to your problem. Thank you for using the rating system to mark this question as answered. This will help other readers in the forum to identify discussions that have helpful information. I believe that this feature is not widely used or discussed. So I am glad that your post gives it some visibility.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card