Views
Helpful
Replies

Tacacs+ 2960S Stack

IWilson8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We have recently bought a batch of Cisco 2960x-48LPS-L switches. They where all shipped with c2960x-universalk9-mz.150-2.EX2. We have migrated our standard switch configuration which works fine on Cisco 2960, 3750 switches onto these x series switches but have an issue with TACACS+. When we connect using SSH we get a message regarding Authorisation Failure and are unable to logon. This is exactly the same config as used on other switches. I have seen discussions about old versions of code having issues with TACACS have these been fixed in this version? I have tried upgrading one stack to EX4 but with no difference in outcome.

Got another 20 of these switch planned for the next couple of weeks and TACACS+ is a must so any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

1 Reply 1

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Maybe try and zeroize the the ssh keys and recreate them.  Also I have seen in the past where cutting and pasting  a config the tacacs server keys do not get input correctly.  Delete the tacacs server key line and "manually type the whole line with the key . 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card