Views
Helpful
Replies

Tacacs Fails after latest upgrade on Switch C-3650CX-8TC-S

RG78874
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have upgrade our Switch that was running c3560cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E2.bin to the latest version c3560cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E5.bin

After the upgrade that took 11 minutes to complete and I waited a bit longer (10 mins extra) and found tacacs is not working and I had to use local login.

Is this a known bug, I have seen forums, articles with different devices that people see this.

Is their something I am supposed to do after a upgrade to enable tacacs?

If this is a bug could I have an article please.

4 Replies 4

Hi

First it is necessary to identify where the problem is. Althouth the problem apeared after switch upgrade, the real reason may be something else.

Try a few things:

ping "tacacs ip address"

If sucessed:

telnet "tacacs ip address"  49

Does it shows "open" ?

test aaa group tacacs+ "user" "Password"  legacy

Other useful commands:

debug aaa authentication

debug aaa authorization

debug tacacs

debug ip tcp transaction

hi

I logged into my device using tacacs credentials. After reloading the new boot config (upgrading) the Switch, I could only log on with local credentials.

I checked the tacacs box, and that was connected to AD and other devices had no issue.

I want to know if this is a bug or if this is recorded some where or if their is a fix when this happens. I had to rollback as we had a release outage Window.

So everything was open as in ports and working fine before the upgrade. Firewalls all checked out fine. I upgraded devices in a different environment and same problem.

- Check the AD-logs to see , if tacacs authentication request from the switch still arrives, or radius server logs (if radius is used in between switch and MS-AD)

Take note of these for future upgrades too : 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvu62273

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt20131

M.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi, 

I think in that version you should edit the Edited the switch config with new TACACS format 

Deprecated config:

tacacs-server host x.x.x.x
tacacs-server host y.y.y.y
tacacs-server directed-request
tacacs-server key 7

New config:

tacacs server <<
tacacs server
address ipv4 y.y.y.y
key 7

HTH

Leonardo