Views
Helpful
Replies

TCAM write failure message on 3750x stack

Charlie Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I have a stack of 3750x switches running 15.0 (2) SE2 IOS.   When I reload the switch stack, I am seeing the following message in the logs:

IPv6 user port trust TCAM write failed

Any ideas on what is causing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Charlie,

Error:

Basically, these error messages are cosmetic. They correspond to an internally indentified bug. Currently, this is being worked so it can be fixed, and it will take some time for that bug to become public.

In the meanwhile, we can totally assure that these logs will not affect the switch performance at all, as long as you have not turned on any IPv6 features on the switch. Therefore, you can just ignore these messages.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Charlie,

Error:

Basically, these error messages are cosmetic. They correspond to an internally indentified bug. Currently, this is being worked so it can be fixed, and it will take some time for that bug to become public.

In the meanwhile, we can totally assure that these logs will not affect the switch performance at all, as long as you have not turned on any IPv6 features on the switch. Therefore, you can just ignore these messages.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Thanks for the response.  After I posted this, I reached out to our Cisco support rep and he mentioned that it was a bug as well.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card