Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Technical clarification ISR 891

Guys

Can you please let me know what’s the maximum bandwidth (ADSL/internet) supported by ISR 800 series routers … particularly 891 security model.

Appreciate your assistance in this regards

Srikanth

23 Replies 23

Hello Leo

This network is only for physical security ( no end user traffic / no data/voip etc ). Hence i had gone with ASR1002-5G-SEC/K9

About power cord, yes it works UK power cord here.

You are right, i wont be needing external usb "1GB USB Flash Token here ( Just added for safe side as I'm afraid )

Hence i had gone with ASR1002-5G-SEC/K9

Sounds OK.  So you are certain that the organization won't put more cameras and/or bump the bandwidth?

Curious, how do you intend to plug the IP Cameras to the network?  Do you have a dedicated switch?

Have a look at the link ISR G2 Interfaces and Modules - Ethernet Switch.  There are switch modules and the list will tell you whether or not they are compatible to the router of your choice.

Thanks for the link Leo. I had planned dedicated L2 switches. But it make sense to use ethernet modules whereever applicable to reduce the cost (only thing i have to consider is POE capability)

Moreover I'm tyring to convience the clinet to go for video compression by using WAAS Express. Trying to find out if there is any Cisco tool available to find out how much Video traffic i can compress and how much bandwidth i can save by using WAAS

If you are planning to use PoE, please note that some switch module will only support up to 15.0 w per port.  So if your IP camera requires higher power then you need to think of alternatives.

Adjusted the cost sheet accordingly, IP camera will consume 6W only.. :-)

Adjusted the cost sheet accordingly, IP camera will consume 6W only.. :-)

LOL!  That would work indeed!

If that is the case, the 890 also comes with PoE option.  You need to purchase the PoE daughter board (to be installed in the factory) along an extra power supply.  (You'll wind up having TWO power supplies:  One for the router and the other for the PoE module).  The PoE option will allow you to have 4 ports with PoE.

I'm not saying get it.  I'm saying think about it.  Is it worth getting a PoE for only one camera.  Only you will know.

Cool, this tip will definetely save my $15K :-)

Just want to clarify these 4 ports on 891 are GE ? Cisco claims 891 is gigabit router though ..

CISCO891-K9 (Cisco 891 GigaE SecRouter )

800-IL-PM-4

4 Port 802.3af capable pwr module for 890 Series Router

800 series routers are not gig interface.  In the 890 (I have >20 891) there's only ONE gigabitethernet port (GigabitEthernet 0).  The rest are 10/100BaseTx, MDI/MDI-X.

The first four ports (0, 1, 2, 3) are PoE capable.

Oops.. okie, so we have only one gigabit port without POE ...

If client agrees for FE port for Cam, i will prefer this path which saves $15K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card