cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP ERROR...DROPPED because peer didnt respond

Drew
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone run into an issue with solarwinds tftp server with the error message saying dropped because peer did not respond.. this is while loading Kickstart and system image on 5672 Nexus.. pings work both ways switch to client client to switch ..firewall was also turned off... it would load up to about 4Mb and then the error message would appear...

I also use a crash cart with the same procedure using solar winds and same result I wonder if solarwinds is my problem

5 Replies 5

It is sometimes better to use FTP instead of TFTP

andrecsthompson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Did you get a solution to this problem?

- Andre

fredd8605
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried to address this by doublechecking MTU, QoS etc, but I ended up fixing this and using the Solar WInds TFTP Server successfully by configuring the timeout from 3>10 seconds  @ File>Configure>TFTP Configuration.

PaulBedford
Level 1
Level 1

I had this issue on Windows 10. Look at the firmware file properties and make sure that the file is not blocked (i.e. tick unblock).

rkarthik
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem. I have changed the timeout setting value from 3 to10 seconds. File>Configure>TFTP Configuration.. Issue got to be fixed for me.. Please try and confirm.

Thanks, 

Karthik 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: