cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tftp via cisco 3850 management port

donnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i have configured tftp on the management port "g0/0" of my cisco 3850 switch and when i connect this management port direct to my pc which is a tftp server, my tftp transfer from switch to pc could not work. When i attempted to transfer file from switch to my tftp server, i can see the file name on the folder of my tftp server but its 0byte and eventually time out. My tftp server could work with other 3850 switches. I used txt comparison of the "show run" config for my working and non working switch but don't really see any config that make the difference. Please advise if there is any hardening config i should look out for on my cisco 3850. TIA!

6 Replies 6

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You may need to add the specific source interface for your TFTP transfer

Try adding this :-

!
ip tftp Source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0
!
end

Hope this helps

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi acampbell,

Already had this command right at the beginning but my tftp still could not work.

ip tftp source-interface g0/0 worked for me

donnie
Level 1
Level 1
Hi all,

I manage to get the tftp to work after removing "ip host-routing" from the switch config. Pls advise why is it so!

Donnie,

Good find by you.

I have searched high and low but cannot find much at all about ip host-routing other than a bug away back in IOS 12.2 saying it wrecked normal ip routing

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Donnie,

Not sure why, but while reading your post, precisely cause I was facing the same issue, I tried the "ip host-routing" , and now the copy tftp flash is working.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card