cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Throughput on connected nexus 3048tp with 2960s

Nadzir
Level 1
Level 1

hello i'm nadzir! I want to understand the solution of this problem. I connect nexus 3048tp with 2960s using 1 cable and trunk mode on each interface in 1 same VLAN. in each switch connected 1 pc that access the vlan I mean before. I transfer data using FTP via a PC server that is connected to Nexus 3048 to a client PC that is connected to 2960s. I set the interface speed that is connected to the pc on both switches of 100 Mbps and I set the speed in both trunk ports of 10 Mbps. i also set all using ports in full duplex. after i send data of 1 GB i only get 1Mbps average transfer rate. Why did it happen? is this throughput problem ?
please give me an detail explanation!

the simulationthe simulationinformation on interface ETH1/3 Nexusinformation on interface ETH1/3 Nexus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nadzir,

Hmm, are you sure you are getting 1Mbps (mega-bit per second) or 1MBps (mega-byte per second) with this transfer? Looking at the screenshot you made, the Eth1/3 interface on the N3048 reports an outgoing data rate of 9.75 Mbps that would translate into 9.75 / 8 = 1.2MBps. Note that with the bottleneck of 10Mbps between your client and server, 1.2MBps is, also considering the overhead, almost the maximum you can get.

Would this explain the issue? Please feel welcome to ask further!

Best regards,
Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nadzir,

Hmm, are you sure you are getting 1Mbps (mega-bit per second) or 1MBps (mega-byte per second) with this transfer? Looking at the screenshot you made, the Eth1/3 interface on the N3048 reports an outgoing data rate of 9.75 Mbps that would translate into 9.75 / 8 = 1.2MBps. Note that with the bottleneck of 10Mbps between your client and server, 1.2MBps is, also considering the overhead, almost the maximum you can get.

Would this explain the issue? Please feel welcome to ask further!

Best regards,
Peter

thanks for the answer sir, sorry my mistake to write "Mbps" the correct average data rate is MBps sir. anyway i have the same case when i set each active port speed of 10 Mbps it's still a matter of "bottle neck" sir?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card