cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble updating IE1000 switch

PerssonTobias
Level 1
Level 1

I'm unable to update our new Cisco IE1000 4P2S switch to the newer 1.6 firmware. I have tried via the web interface and through SSH and TFTP. In the web interface nothing happens when I press the Update button after have selected the firmware image. Same thing if I have entered the tftp server address and directory, nothing happens.

As you can see in the attached image it's empty after both Active Image and Backup Image which it probably should not be. On the Dashboard page it says version 1.3 on both.

I have tried updating in both the recommended IE11 browser (with low/no security settings) in Win7 and Server 2012R2 and in Firefox and Chrome with the same negative result. All other GUI features I've tried seems to work.

If I try to update with the tftp option in SSH I get 'Illegal TFTP Operation' (or something similar).

This is our first and so far only IE1000 so I have nothing to compare it to.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

8 Replies 8

PerssonTobias
Level 1
Level 1

Solved!

When using another tftp server I was able to update through SSH and with the new firmware the GUI seems ok as well when looking at the update page.

Which tftp server did you use.  I am trying the solarwinds tftp and not making progress

canghel
Level 1
Level 1

This worked for us:

1. Cleared browser cache / cookies and restarted browser

2. Upgraded to version 1.7.0

3. Cleared browser cache / cookies and restarted browser

4. Upgraded to version 1.8.0

Which browser did you use?

Chrome.

This worked for me. It will not let you go from 1.6 to 1.8 directly. 

geoffry.brown
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried different browsers, re-downloading the 1.8 firmware, tried tftp.  It almost feels like the firmware itself has a problem.

Having the same problem. It just hangs after hitting "Upload"... TAC here I come!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card