Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshoot Cisco 110 Series Unmanaged Gigabit Switch - DOA

Toyshoppe23092
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Just got my second one of these switches. Installed first one last year with no issues and have been happy with it.

Want to replace and old NETGEAR switch. Don't need to manage. Hoping for simple plug and play.

There is no specific port marked for the network connection. Have tried them all but that cord always lights up yellow not green and no internet connection. This Ethernet cord works on the NETGEAR switch. Not sure what issue is with this CISCO switch. All other devices connected to CISCO switch (printers, etc.) work fine with green lights.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith.

2 Replies 2

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

What type of device are you trying to connect when the yellow light indicates?

solid orange - port in error disable, spanning-tree negotiation, Trunk to access port mismatch or switch may have a faulty port

flashing orange - Depending on your switch, means duplex mismatch error.

Review these conditions and verify that the other device is not generating a problem.

Regards

This NEW Cisco device connects to a HP PROCURVE Gigabit Switch that services the rest of our small office (about 20 computers).

I tried adding the Cisco router to another location between the network and the users computer (same setup I was trying in location #1). Everything green and I could connect to the internet no problem so I'm assuming the switches are compatible.

The Amber light is solid when plugged into any port.

Purchased another brand switch and had no issues so Im returning the Cisco switch.

thanks for trying  to help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card