Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk between 6509 RPVST+ and Juniper EX MSTP

degriffin
Level 1
Level 1

Afternoon -

Any documents / expertise with integrating a Junos EX environment with an existing Cisco 3-tier enterprise? We've aquired a facility that's mostly junos EX devices in a MSTP configuration and our current enterprise is Cisco RPVST+. We have layer 3 to our ISP, but want to bring this site into our environment without having to route through the Internet / firewalls ($$). I've read a few docs on this, would feel better if there was a reference guide or white paper on proper configuration. Any help is appreciated...

deg

2 Replies 2

AJ Cruz
Level 3
Level 3

I'm not sure what you mean by "proper configuration." As the actual configurations themselves are pretty simple, I'm assuming you're looking for more of a best practices document, which really comes down to understanding how MST operates and interacts with RSTP switches. INE has a pretty good writeup at http://blog.ine.com/2010/02/22/understanding-mstp/

Thanks for the respone - the 'ine' blog is a and helpful. I was looking for a white paper or best practice from Cisco that actually addresses interoperability between different vendors - the blog works.

Thanks again...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card