cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to reset a 3560-cx-12pc-s

listopjt86
Level 1
Level 1

I am following CISCO guides however over a USB-A to Mini-USB console connection every time I restart the device PUTTY is losing the connection. I can not figure out if this is a PUTTY problem or maybe this specific type of console connection.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It seems I just needed to wait for the PUTTY connection to actually connect. What was happening was I was following the restart and holding mode but when I would try to console in after it was booted PUTTY wasn't loading, or so I thought, after about five minutes or so the console window finally loaded and I was in.

Thanks for the help and patience.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I would regard that as being normal.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

When following the guides they say to use a break command during boot, however, I have to wait for it to boot to be able to reconnect with putty.

You want to break the boot sequence

1. turn off the device.

2. connect the console cable.

3. Open the putty (make sure you selected right Comport)

4. Turn on the device for post sequence and break the boot sequence.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

It seems I just needed to wait for the PUTTY connection to actually connect. What was happening was I was following the restart and holding mode but when I would try to console in after it was booted PUTTY wasn't loading, or so I thought, after about five minutes or so the console window finally loaded and I was in.

Thanks for the help and patience.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card