cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn off bell noise in a Cisco 3560 Switch

manuel.dennis
Level 1
Level 1

Rehabbing a Cisco 3560 Switch for a new project.

Performed a password recovery, reloaded defaults and updated the IOS to the current version.  Now I have a "bell" noise about every 10 seconds.  Anyone have any ideas on how to turn off?

Manny

8 Replies 8

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only thing you should hear from a switch is the cooling fan .  It would not have a bell noise.

Glen,

I most definitely did have a bell type noise that appeared to be coming from around the right front of the switch in the area of Ge ports 49-52.  The switch was the only thing on the bench, so there wasn't anywhere else the noise could have been coming from, but I have no idea what could have been producing it.

I did a Reload and it went away during post, but returned.  I did a power-off - power-on restart and it went away and so far has stayed gone.

If anyone has had a similar experience, I'd like to hear about it.

Manny

Heard beeping noise but never a bell noise.

Regards, Sunil Khanna

I am getting a barely audible bell noise from a 3560.  I've never heard it before.  I'm still investigating the cause; that's how I ended up here.

I'm a little late to this party, but I am also experiencing this "bell ringing" type noise. It's subtle, with a cycle of about 5 seconds. I have a 3750G-24PS I just got off of Ebay, and I didn't notice it the first few days.

I'm going to crack it open and see what I can find. I've never heard of these having a bell or a speaker, so perhaps it's some sort of harmonic eminating from the power supply.

Figured it out, I believe it's the fan. Becomes more apparent with the cover off. With the cover on, the ringing seems to eminate from behind the SFP ports on the right (for me, Gi1/0/25 - 28); but with the cover off, you can run it up, hear it clearly, and pull the fan power connector off the board to hear it go away. Should be an easy fix by replacing the fan.

I suppose it could be a variation in voltage that xauses it as well, but this to me is the likely culprit.

h have switches cisco model 3560g hte voice fans is very noise

Alidoski
Level 1
Level 1
there is no bell noise it is fan sound
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card