cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

U6-LR connection to Cisco CBS-350 - after a few minutes the internet

Pape
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, yould you help me please with the problem ?

We operated the Unifi U6-LR AP on the Zyxel XGS1930-28HP without any problems. We replaced the switch with a Cisco SBS350-48-4X. The access points use native VLAN 1 for management and other communication takes place via VLAN 20. On the Unifi controller, the AP looks fine.

The problem is that it is not always possible to connect to the AP after about an hour of operation and verify. SSIDs are visible. After dropping and dropping the port line with the AP, the situation will level out for about the mentioned hour. They are connected in the controller.

After tested, time does not matter, because today it happens even after 5 minutes. On old APs, everything runs without problems - model UAP-AC-LR and UAP-LR.

Thanks

Ondrej

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- When this happens , check logs on the access point and the CB350 (e.g.)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

KJK99
Level 1
Level 1

I have my own blues with non-CISCO APs and CBS350 switches. My APs are by TP-Link and they also support VLANs. They worked fine with NETGEAR switches before I’ve connected them to my CBS350s. I can’t tell what causes your problem, but you may like to try different trunk settings and check how the STP/RSTP works. Currently I have my APs back on regular trunk links and the only issue is that I’m unable to access VLAN1 through the SSID associated with it.

Kris K

KozakSHR
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, did you fix this issues? 

KJK99
Level 1
Level 1

@KozakSHR 

Possibly the Auto Smartport needed to be disenabled. 

Kris K
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X