Views
Helpful
Replies

UNABLE TO LOAD iOS ON CATAYST 3650

Jesutofunmi O
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Please, I need help with loading an iOS image on a Catalyst 3650 switch with missing boot image. 

1. I have tried to boot from USB: it seems as if it's going through but eventually fails. It just keeps going through a tiring reboot loop process.

2. I have tied to copy .bin file into flash which also fails. 

3. I have tried copying file to flash using xmodem. This fails too. Returns the error "read only file system".

I am guessing all these issues I am having is because the flash memory is in read-only format. How can I fix this please? Please see screenshot. 

Expecting feedback. 

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
emergency-install usbflash0:IOS_FILENAME.bin

Hello Leo,

Thanks for responding. 

I tried emergency-install too, it first starts as if it's loading but ends up with the same reboot loop. I have tried 3 different iOS images. Please see attached screenshot.

Is that all?  After Launching Kernel Flags nothing happens?  

Nope, it runs its course but nothing happens after. Just reboots again and again and again. 

I suspect the flash memory being in a read-only format is why I am unable to write anything to it. I have tried using "set_bs" to change it to 'read-write' but still remains the same even after reboot. See screenshot and full error before the reboot occurs.

@Jesutofunmi O wrote:
% Front-end Microcode IMG MGR: address 0, Could not enable sys_poll
% Front-end Microcode IMG MGR: unable to program device: 0
% Front-end Microcode IMG MGR: malformed microcode cache
Sep 12 11:36:04 %PLATFORM_MGR-1-PLATMGR_INIT_FAIL: Platform ManaSep 12 11:36:04 %IOSXE-2-PLATFORM: process ng_dumper: Process platform_mgr: terminated abnormally.

Contact Cisco TAC and organize for an RMA.  This could be CSCva30394.

Thanks for the support Leo. 

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: