Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown process - createPhysicalen PID 183

richie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, just trying to find out what this process is:

PID 183 - createPhysicalen . I can't seem to find any information on it and it is randomly taking up 15-20% of the CPU, which I think may be affecting some of the RTT on pings that I am running. Any information or guidance on what this is would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Richie,

try to use the following troubleshooting document for Catalyst 3750

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/68461-high-cpu-utilization-cat3750.html?dtid=osscdc000283

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

There's no mention of it in that document unfortunately. 

Many thanks

Richie

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Yes it's possible that such a process has priority over the process which deals with pings, but unless you're dealing with a bug Cisco likely considers such a process more important than accurate RTT measurements for "ordinary" ping processing. Remember ping RTT was never intended for highly accurate network performance measurement. (That said, if the devices support SLA pings, your RTT measurements will be much more accurate even if the device is "busy".)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: