We intend to upgrade the following devices; please advise if there will be any difficulties in upgrading to a newer version before proceeding. Is there anything else I should consider before upgrading?
|Cisco Switch C9300-48P-E||16.12.02||17.3.4|
|Cisco Switch C9300-24P-E||16.12.02||17.3.4|
|Cisco Switch C9500-16X||16.9.5||17.3.4|
- Perhaps more mandatory then to consider is getting familiar with the release notes :
I do not see any issue, you can upgrade to 17.3.X code from the mentioned device
you need to note :
1. always read the release notes
2. configuration backup out of of box.
3. Do the upgrade in maintenance window, since it required reload stack or device
4. anything above 16.9.X is smart License.
@balaji.bandi Many thanks, do we need to sync the switch to the smartlicensing portal. Will it be any problem if we are not syncing to smart licensing portal?