Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 2X 3750X stack to 12.2(58)SE2 one by one

iosepmonica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a stack of two 3750X switches and want to upgrade to 12.2(58)SE2 version, but this will take long time due to microcode upgrade as well and disrupt the network; is there any way I can upgrade one by one?

Also, currently the switches are running a .tar image; can I go ahead and use a .bin image when upgrading?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have a stack of two 3750X switches and want to upgrade to 12.2(58)SE2 version, but this will take long time due to microcode upgrade as well and disrupt the network; is there any way I can upgrade one by one?

It doesn't make any difference.  The micro-code will be upgraded and it'll take around 45 minutes to upgrade both units simultaneously.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It doesn't make any difference.  The micro-code will be upgraded and it'll take around 45 minutes to upgrade both units simultaneously.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for taking the time to rate our post. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco