cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Cisco Nexus 9k's from 6.x to Release 7.0(3)I4(7)

DAVID
Level 3
Level 3

I need to upgrade our nexus 9k's to the latest preferred code but they are still on 6.x code.  Can the Nexus 9k's be upgraded directly from 6.x code to the latest 7.x code

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Yes they can no issue there , I have done it before no interim nx-os required

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David,

They typically can be upgraded directly but be sure to use the "install all nxos nxos.7.0.3.I4.7.bin" command. Changing the boot variables and reloading the switch can cause a myriad of issues, one of them being needing console access to recover and is not supported.

I'd encourage you to read the Release Notes for I4(7) under the Upgrade Section and make sure there are no caveats listed for your particular flavor of 6.x as well as any further FYIs that may be relevant to your environment.

Hope that helps.

- Andrea

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

I am about to upgrade our Nexus 9372 from 6.x to 7.0(3)I4(7).

Definitely have and will review the release notes again, but if one follows the instructions below, you don't expect any issues?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/upgrade/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_7x.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card