cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade IOS 4500 - Supervisor v-10GE

FedeSaraullo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team! We need to upgrade the ios in the Cisco 4500, we have 2 V-10GE in eol haha. A bug is hitting our equipment (CSCsj47170), so we need to do an upgrade, the currently version is 12.2.25EWA10, so i was thinking about 12.2.31SG1, what do you think? will there any complication to do it?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Well, this means the ROMmon needs to be upgraded first before any IOS upgrade can be performed.
The ROMmon also has a Release Notes and it will detail several scenarios on how to get this done.  The good news about ROMmon upgrade is:  The ROMmon upgrade and the IOS upgrade can be done with one reboot. 

The bad news about the ROMmon upgrade:  It may take about 20 minutes.  

View solution in original post

The entire chassis might need another reload.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The recommended version on Cisco's site is "150-2.SG11.bin

If you have the proper DRAM and flash (256/64). Of course, before any upgrade make sure to read all release notes carefully.

HTH

Thanks Reza! Can i jump directly from 12.2(25)EWA10?
Will this hardware continue to work?
WS-X4516-10GE
WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V
Thanks

Read the Release Notes carefully.
There are some versions where a ROMmon upgrade is mandatory or else the supervisor card will not boot.

Hi Leo! How are you? In the release notes, it says that the rommon recommend is 12.2(31r)SGA4, but the cu has 12.2(31r)SG1, do you know wich is the minimun recommended version?

THANKS!

Well, this means the ROMmon needs to be upgraded first before any IOS upgrade can be performed.
The ROMmon also has a Release Notes and it will detail several scenarios on how to get this done.  The good news about ROMmon upgrade is:  The ROMmon upgrade and the IOS upgrade can be done with one reboot. 

The bad news about the ROMmon upgrade:  It may take about 20 minutes.  

Hello! We have done the ROMMON and IOS upgrade! Last question, i promiss! when i install a licence, will i have to reload all system or only the active supervisor? The system is sso.
Thanks!

The entire chassis might need another reload.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card