Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade IOS on the Switch

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro!

i have the following IOS:cat4000-i9s-mz.121-19.EW1.bin on my 4507R With 2 SUP-WS-X4515 now i need to upgrade to New IOS wich met my Chassis.wich is IOS(full name) Switable and plz provide a documents for the Upgrade

many Thanks

22 Replies 22

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ali,

I hope this link helps you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.1/19ew/configuration/guide/RPR.html#wp1104060

Please come back if you have any doubts.

Regards,

Ankur

Ankur My Freind

10xs for ur Help.what about the Full Name of the IOS Needed?

10xs

Hi Ali,

Do you know the main release you want to upgrade so that I can update you with the full name or you want to upgrade to the latest code which can be supported on your supervisor and you want us to update you with the full name?

Regards,

Ankur

Ankur Ankur My Freind!

i need the latest code which support the SSO Features not the old one wich's RPR

10XS

Hi Ali,

You can use Feature Navigator to select the feature set which you want.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Once you open this link, click on serach by platform and then select cat4500 sup 4 form the drop down and then you can select the major release and which feature set you want. All features supported in that particular release will be listed.

HTH

Ankur

Hi Ali,

The code what you are running currently is very old code which goes in 12.1 train. Also the feature set which you are running currently is BASIC L3.

Regards,

Ankur

-

Edison what do you mean by kitchen sink ?

Hi Edison,

Yes you are right.

Regards,

Ankur

Ali,

SSO is supported in Release 12.2(20)EWA and later releases.

Any current IOS from cisco.com for the 4500, supports SSO.

I recommend downloading cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA11.bin

10XS FOR ALL UR REPLYs

What about this IOS?

c4500-jk9s-mz.122-40.bin

thanks for ur Help

Ali,

cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA11.bin is more stable. You've not purchased a k9 feature set you legally, you aren't supposed to download such code.

BTW, cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-40.SG.bin requires a bigger flash, can you post a show version from your current switch ?

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco