Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade IOS on the Switch

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro!

i have the following IOS:cat4000-i9s-mz.121-19.EW1.bin on my 4507R With 2 SUP-WS-X4515 now i need to upgrade to New IOS wich met my Chassis.wich is IOS(full name) Switable and plz provide a documents for the Upgrade

many Thanks

22 Replies 22

10xs edison

hello!

how can i install this IOS,i dont have ethernet interface on the Switch,how can i establish connection with my Laptop(TFTP).Can i updated it directly via my Console?

10xs

Hi Edison

this link didnt mentioned how to update the ios on 2nd Sup(Standby)

10xs

Hi Ali,

I believe I posted you the link yesterday but anyways I will recommend you to please read the link posted by Edison very carefully before you start your upgrade and if you have any doubt please come back.

I have experienced many times missing one step can take your sups in rommon and then you have to follow recovery procedures.

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur1

wich Missing step take the sup in rommon and what is the recovery Procedures,this is the First time working on 2 Sup upgrade.sine 2 years you Help to convert the 6509 Sup1 from catos to Native.did you remebered?

10xs

Hi Ali,

Hey Ali yes I do remember.What I mean was that the link Edison posted clearly described the steps but still while upgrading I have seen people do not follow the steps and then find sups in rommon.

Just make sure you copt the image to active sup and then to standby sup and make sure config register value is set correctly and be very carefull in setting the boot path an file name in boot path. I have seen people wometime put wrong image name while seting bootpath and then reload the sup and finds sup in rommon sometime.

So carefully set the boot path and thn reload the standby sup first and then forcely switchover to the standby and active will reload and come up with new image.

It is not very tough just need to be carefull and follow the setps in provided link.

HTH

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card