Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade IOS Switch CISCO

youness hafid
Level 1
Level 1
Good evening
I have a problem in switch 2960 plus, i reset switch but the switch don't reset, always  give mode "switch:" I would enter in the switch by mode switch#enable and configuration terminal to configure an IP address and Upgrade IOS with tftp but switch not reset,
please help me to configure address ip in this switch switch: "......... or give me solution
thank you

6 Replies 6

you are in rommon. so type flash_init and then boot flash:<ios_file_on_flash>.

Here is example for other cisco platform - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/3600-series-multiservice-platforms/15080-recovery-c3600.html

Here is better manual for your switch - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/41845-192.html

thank you

i choose your manual i upgrade IOS with xmodem now i wait if upgrade finish i tell you about change

yes I made this procedure  but it's not working, the switch stay in :

Loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin"...###########  ###########################################################   

the complete config and again the same thing and not stoping

pwwiddicombe
Level 4
Level 4

This kind of looks like the switch has a problem with the flash file system (i.e. a corrupt IOS).  The flash_init and boot commands as suggested MAY get you somewhere, but have a look to see what files are on the system.

yes I made this procedure  but it's not working, the switch stay in :

Loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin"...###########  ###########################################################   

the complete config and again the same thing and not stoping

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card