Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Upgrade IOS-XE image pending Reboot.

for ios-xe, is it possible to be like IOS that we can do all the preparation works (pre-upload the image + setup the boot variable) and only at deseriable time then we proceed with the reboot?

reason for asking is i will like to reduce the downtime needed for the upgrade to just the reboot duration.

i notice when doing the ios-xe upgrade, i need to upload the image, run the command to install and the entire procedure must be perform all the same time.

2 REPLIES 2
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Re: Upgrade IOS-XE image pending Reboot.

Depends on the hardware but yes.
I have done it many times, unpack the firmware and schedule the appliance to reboot at, say, 4:00 am the next day.
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Upgrade IOS-XE image pending Reboot.

Hi,

can share wat platform and how to do it?

i did the upgrade on a C9200.

seem that after i launched the 'install add file' command, there was only one prompt to that ask if u want to proceed. IF u choose 'y', the switch will reboot and upgrade will be successful.

if u choose 'n', upgrade will be aborted and relaunching the same command resulted in an error.

i will need to run ‘install remove inactive’ to remove all previous extracted .pkg files and initiate the entire process all over again.

please share how u unpack and do the install and wat command to run to initiate the reboot to carry on from where u left off. thanks.

Switch# install add file flash:cat9k_iosxe.16.06.02.SPA.bin activate commit

This operation requires a reload of the system. Do you want to proceed? [y/n] y

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad