Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade WS-C2960X-48FPD-L in Group!!

saboodi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I got new switches 600 of WS-C2960X-48FPD-L, I just need to upgrade them first to the new IOS.          Is there any tools help me to upgrade them in groups?? or I should have to upgrade them individual from FTP server!

advice me,

6 Replies 6

nazimkha
Level 4
Level 4
You can use APIC-EM PnP and Cisco POAP

Hi,

there is any document for APIC-EM PnP and Cisco POAP how is work??

Thanks

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

If you are going to be with the switches, you can use the USB drive on the switch to copy the file. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've got a very good solution:  How about upgrading those switches without even touching the keyboard? 

If you're still interested, read this:  How to use Zero-Touch SmartInstall

Thank you so much Leo,

It's work fine when Upgrading the IOS. But with Configs I have same configs except the host-name and IP add how I can send them to these switches. for example I have 10 WS-C2960X-48FPD-L and 5 WS-C2960X-24PD-L

I just upgraded them through smart install but how I send the right configs for specific switch??

Thanks in advance!

Configure the management IP address to be DHCP. Install and connect the switch at the site and wait for the switch to get a valid IP address. Load into the switch and configure the final bits.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card