Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade

dsit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

A major Upgrate have to be done on our LAN and we wanted to have some information. We have many cisco switches with deferent IOS version:

WS-C2960S-24PS-L  --> 12.2(58)SE2 upgrate version 15.0.2.SE10

WS-C2960X-24PS-L  --> 15.0(2a)EX5 upgrate version  15.2.5B.E

WS-C3560CG-8PC-S --> 15.0(2)SE5  upgrate version   15.2.2.E5

WS-2960C-8PC-L       -->  15.0(2)SE8  upgrate version   15.2.5.E

WS-C3750G-12S-S     --> 12.2(55)SE7

WS-C3750X-12S-E     -->  12.2(58)SE2

To does switches we have Cisco phone (7962,7941,7841...) if we upgrate to newest version will all our phone work? can you give us some advice or can we proced to the upgrate?

Kindly

Ralph

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ralph

Those phones will work fine with those switches on newer ios versions no issues at all exact same as if you were on the older ios versions , no changes will be required either

You can jump to any version you want on these type switches and the phones will still work fine, we change versions constantly as we scan for vulnerabilities in ios , always changing them never have issue with phones connecting on newer versions at all

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ralph

Those phones will work fine with those switches on newer ios versions no issues at all exact same as if you were on the older ios versions , no changes will be required either

You can jump to any version you want on these type switches and the phones will still work fine, we change versions constantly as we scan for vulnerabilities in ios , always changing them never have issue with phones connecting on newer versions at all

Hi mark,

Thanks for the answer , and for the upgrate do i have to upgrate my 6500 VSS (cisco WS-C6506-E )  first or there is no order to proced to does upgrate. can i do it at last?

Hi

the order does not matter , usually though people go for the trickier core ones first get them out of the way but that's just an opinion , in reality no difference , I always start at core and work to access layer when upgrading

Hi,

Thank you for does answer.

Have a nice day.

Best Regard

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card