cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgraded our 3560-48-ps from c3560-advipservicesk9-mz.122-35.SE5.bin to c3560-ipservicesk9.mz.122-55.SE4bin

JMCNEL
Level 4
Level 4

I upgraded our 3560-48-ps switch from c3560-advipservicesk9-mz.122-35.SE5.bin to c3560-ipservicesk9.mz.122-55.SE4bin and is having issues now.

Since I upgraded to the new IOS our older machines on the network can no longer connect to the domain and is not getting an IP address

sh ip dhcp binding and sh ip dhcp conflict does not show any output, however all newer machines on the network received dhcp addresses without any problems and can connect to the network and internet.

For testing purposes I put the old IOS back on the switch and the older machines could connect again and received dhcp addresses.

No other changes were made to the config.

I did a comparison on Cisco's website and both IOS's support DHCP

Does anyone perhaps have any suggestions. Not sure why the new IOS would not give any output when I ran the commands.

older machines : Apollos and NCS (They all have XP service pack 2 with Intel 2.8 processors.)

1 Reply 1

ankugarg
Level 3
Level 3

Can you please paste the output of "debug ip dhcp " from 55SE4,connecting only the devices which are not getting the ip addresses.I mean you can shut down other interfaces.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card