Views
Helpful
Replies

Uploading of IOS to cisco 3850 via winscp

donnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have tried accessing my cisco 3850 switch via winscp but was not able to list the directory. My authentication works fine but it just doesn't show the directory listing on my winscp. Objective is to upload IOS to my cisco 3850. Pls advise. TIA!

2 Replies 2

donnie
Level 1
Level 1

To add on, my environment works on a tight security policy and uploading of IOS over network has to be secured and hence we are exploring uploading via winscp as an option. Using TFTP for upload is not an option.

Hi, I don't think you can use Winscp because i think browsing the file system is not allowed. However, you should be able to copy using the command line. e.g. from your linux terminal you should be able to do the following: scp Downloads/cat3k_caa-universalk9.SPA.03.06.06.E.152-2.E6.bin user@192.0.2.1:/cat3k_caa-universalk9.SPA.03.06.06.E.152-2.E6.bin You should be able to do the same if using pscp from putty Thanks John
**Please rate posts you find helpful**
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card