Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Greetings!So I was practicing to configure VTP and VLANs. For a start, I created 3 switches (only 2 being turned on). The trunks are working fine as the switches are able to acquire an IP addresses via dhcp from a dedicated router and vtp appears to ...

vlans.png
turtle666 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there something different about configuring SSH on a 9407 with a C9400-SUP-1?  Currently there's no configuration on the device except for an IP address on the management port and ssh.  I've gone through the same procedures we've always used and v...

The VLANIF of the core switch acts as the gateway for client. The Client is unable to obtain the gateway IP, but by manually adding ARP, it can communicate with the gateway. The core switch has the correct MAC and ARP information for the client, a...

Translator by Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Configure StackWise-Virtual to configure the Mgmt port as shown in the picture.However, sometimes I couldn't communicate with the Mgmt IP, so I monitored it.Normally, the MAC comes from MGMT L2_1, but when communication is not possible, the MAC comes...

image.png
Questions by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I got a doubt about trunking protocol on switches which puts in communication different vlan, and a L3 device with its  gateway IP protocol <span;>which puts in communication different networks.1st. QuestionFirst of all even if maybe is a silly quest...

rabbdavid by Level 1
  • 38 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all,i am facing a strange issue with poe devices on a Cat 4500 with SUP7L and the WS-X4648-RJ45V+E  card.When we disconnect a poe device from the switch and we plug int again , the device gets in power deny state.And if we plug this device to a...

Ditter by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I was reading cisco book where it says Sinle vlan can support multiple subnets.Because switch ports are configured for vlan  number only and not a network address any station connected to a poprt can present  ant subnet address range.if someon...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Helpful votes

Hello,As per the below diagram I have two switches S1 & S2. Hosts H1 & H2 are connected to the switches and are in different vlan but same subnet. So, by default they will not communicate as they are in two different broadcast domain.To make them com...

SupritChinchodikar_0-1712901586703.png

I have a less then a dozen Cisco 3850 switches that I am working on.  I need to configure 802.1x authentication.  The issue is the switches are reaching out to Cisco ACS and I need to set up radius server to enable 802.1x.  The Cisco ACS I found out ...

John N by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been instructed to delete any weak MD5 or 96-bit MAC algorithms on all my switches.  My current setup I have the following:hmac-sha2-256hmac-sha2-512 hmac-sha1hmac-sha1-96  Out of these which would be considered to be weak MAC algorithm? 

John N by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Routing rip issue

The routing table of router r2 and r3 aren't updating and their corrisponding hosts aren't able to communicate outside of the LAN. Hoping to get a reply asap..!

imrann by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes