cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Verifying a comment on SG350-10 and 10gbe networking

bdumaguina
Level 1
Level 1

Not a network professional here, just a home based business owner trying to upgrade his network. And from the looks of it, I made a wrong purchase decision back in 2018. From what I understood back then, I thought the SG350-10 had the capability for 10GBase-T (10gbe or 10gbs) networking on the last 2 ports (the combo RJ45 and SFP). So that when the time came that I would upgrade my Synology 1618+ with a 10gbe NIC and my desktop with a 10gbe NIC - I could connect to ports 9 or 10 via RJ45 and get 10gbe network speeds. It looks like upon reviewing the manuals again - I misunderstood. 

BUT, I read a comment over Amazon  

bdumaguina_0-1668845543421.png

Capture.PNG

In the comments there is a mention that 10gbe CAN be engaged over the CLI (command line interface). I gave it a try, first time using CLI - but to no avail. Can someone verify if that is INDEED possible? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Don't believe so.  Possibly the comment mistakenly wrote 10g when then meant 1g or they confused that 350 with other models in the series which do provide 10g ports (those with "X" in the model number).

Rather than considering Amazon product descriptions or user comments, alone, authoritative, you might want to also review Cisco's datasheet for the product, e.g. SG350 Series Datasheet.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bdumaguina
Level 1
Level 1

So can 10gbe be engaged via CLI on this unit? Thanks! 

Don't believe so.  Possibly the comment mistakenly wrote 10g when then meant 1g or they confused that 350 with other models in the series which do provide 10g ports (those with "X" in the model number).

Rather than considering Amazon product descriptions or user comments, alone, authoritative, you might want to also review Cisco's datasheet for the product, e.g. SG350 Series Datasheet.

Thank you for verifying Sir. I mostly likely also made the mistake of missing out the "X" in the model number. You are correct - the Cisco 350X models indeed do have 10gbe ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: