Views
Helpful
Replies

VFC Consideration

Rishav Garg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to know, Why VFC not supported over VPC. Like I have one Nexus 5548UP as a access switch and two N5K UP model upwards having in VPC with downstream nexus 5548UP like a triangle. I want to configure VFC between VPC but it is not supported i think.

Solution is : I have to make VFC with different links other than vpc member ports. Means between one to one switch not in one to multiple switch in VPC

Why VFC not supported over VPC.

Kindly help...

2 Replies 2

Edit - mistook your question to include line cards, which would not be a vPC. My apologies. As you mentioned I do not believe you can do VFC over a vPC because that traffic is not allowed over the vPC peer link. 

Logan

In FCoE, If fibre(Storage) traffic not supported over VPC peer link. Then i have a scenario in my data center.

I have a net app filer that connected to my down N5k switches in vpc and vfc also running over vpc. Now in that case how traffic flow over VPC peer link.

Can you explain?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card