Views
Helpful
Replies

Video stream over L2 VPN

shafqatislam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Every One,

I have point to pint L2 VLAN (simple as for data 10mbps) between two diffrennt cities and i am trying to transport a MPEG stream from one city to other over this L2 VPN but at receiving side at Cisco equipment (Digital Content Manager D9900) i just reveive the stream ip and UDP without video. And at VLC player it just try to recive the stream but no video can be visible. Please advise where is the problem either a simple L2 VPN  can full fill this application or not as well. I have tried it with giving multicasting IP as well as unicasting IP to stream but no positive.

Regards,

shafquat.

2 Replies 2

belorusandrey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you sure that there is connectivity over L2 VPN. Can you ping remote host via VPN?

Check the bandwidth between sites. What MPEG codec do you use? Are you sure that 10 MBps is enough.

Also it can be video player issue. Try to use another video player.

Andriy,

Yes I can ping the host and yes again its L2 VPN. Its MPEG-2 and yes 10Mbps is enough because system is transmitting video channel on 4.5Mbps. actually VLC play the video directally at transmitting equipment but not over L2VPN actually its mean player have no problem, what you say?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card