Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan administratevly down after each reload or power down

Cisco eng
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with the Cisco 881 router at one of our customers.

It seems that after a "no shutdown" has been given on the Vlan interface, it still goes back to "administratevly down"

after a reboot.

So when I restart the router I always have to manually "no shutdown" the Vlan interface to come back up.

While rebooting the router it also gives the following info in the console screen every time which is strange:

SETUP: new interface Vlan1 placed in "shutdown" state

We tried several different firmware releases. The last one we tried is:

Cisco IOS Software, C880 Software (C880DATA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4, R

But that did not help either.

Replacing the router with a new Cisco 881 router did not help either. After they sent back the old Cisco 881 router we tested it here and there were no problems, we weren't able to replicate the problem.

The configuration we use for the router is correct, we use it for hundreds of customers, so that can't be it either.

The customer uses a fortinet firewall behind the router. Could it be that something inside the LAN of the customer that triggers the Vlan to shut down?

Regards,

Tom

1 Reply 1

DuncanM2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tom,

The line about "Setup" makes me think the device is factory resetting every time you reboot it? But surely you would of seen that?

What is the current configuration register? "Show version".

Dunc

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card