Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN HP Switch with FMC 6.4

Gerald74
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We want to replace old firewall with one new FTD 1140 device managed by FMC 6.4.0.

Our network has Switch HP Aruba 2530 with two VLANs (ex. VLAN110 and VLAN150). 

We created a sub-interface ex. (interface 1/2.150) on FMC, but didn’t work, it doesn't communicate Switch with the FMC. How can we make work the actual VLANs with the FMC?

How can we create VLANs on FMC to work with HP Switch? I didn’t find anything related about this.....

big thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
On the aruba interface interconneting the FW this needs t be a trunk and then assign the that trunk to the vlans on the aruba

Example: Port 1/7 conect to FW.
trunk 1/7  trk 1

vlan110
untagged trk1

vlan150
tagged trk1

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

thank you for your answer.

hier ist what I did.

Transparent mode should be.

subint150.jpgsubint150-2.jpgswitch hp.jpg

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On what port it was connected ? Do you have VLAN 110 and 150 on HP switch side ?

make sure port should be  (Tagger port) - cisco world as Trunk ( that means allow all the VLAN)

https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/HPE/MigratedAssets/VLAN%20and%20Link-Aggregation%20Interoperability%20ArubaOS-switch%20and%20Cisco%20IOS.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

yes, I have so:

FMC int 1/2            192.168.1.253      (inside)   Default VLAN

subint 1/2.150       172.30.150.254 GW

VLAN150 Printers

Port 7 Switch HP and trunk1, I tied both. (cable directly connected)

Hello

@Gerald74 wrote:

yes, I have so:

FMC int 1/2            192.168.1.253      (inside)   Default VLAN

subint 1/2.150       172.30.150.254 GW

VLAN150 Printers

Port 7 Switch HP and trunk1, I tied both. (cable directly connected)

Okay based on the above, The FW has two ip subnets (physical interface and subinterface) of port 1/2 And that physical port of the FW is connected to the aruba switch  on port 7 which is a trunk?

If so look at my previous post about creating a trunk on the aruba

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello
On the aruba interface interconneting the FW this needs t be a trunk and then assign the that trunk to the vlans on the aruba

Example: Port 1/7 conect to FW.
trunk 1/7  trk 1

vlan110
untagged trk1

vlan150
tagged trk1

Kind Regards
Paul

Him Paul,

Thank you for your answer

PORT 8 on Switch is as Tunk1 (Default VLAN Untagged and VLAN150 Tagged)

vlan150.jpg

trunk.jpg

it was my mistake. The cable was in Port1. Now the cable is on Trunk1(Port8)

now it is all ok. Thank you very much BB and Paul.

trunk2.jpg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco