Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan out the vpc domain Nexus

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

What will be the best practices for vlans that are not in the vpc domain configuration, in a Nexus 7000.

Thanks.!

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Not sure if I understand the question.  Can you explain?

Thanks,

Hello Reza,

Sorry for that, I have my 2 Nk7 with the vpc domain between them,  I have vlan 10 to 20 that will be configure between the 2 devices, but I have vlan 30 to 35 that will not go via the vpc for this 2 devices.

For this vlan 30 to 35 what will be the best practices to be configured between the Nk7?

Thanks.!

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation. If you don't want to send vlan 30 and 35 over the VPC peer-link you can just exclude them from the vlan list. "switchport trunk allow vlan remove 30,35"

This should exclude both.

HTH

Hello,

Should I have a different vpc configured as trunk between my 2 NK7 to connect the vlan 30 - 35?

Thanks. 

You could use another link to carry them rather than using VPC link. That is the best practice.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/design/vpc_design/vpc_best_practices_design_guide.pdf

Thanks,

Madhu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco