cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN translation, Cisco 3750G 12S-E

perpaal
Level 1
Level 1
Hi I need to do some VLAN translation where I achieve the following: On port 1 translate VLAN 101 -> 1001. VLAN 102 -> 1002. VLAN 103 -> 1003. On port 2 translate VLAN 104 -> 1001. VLAN 105 -> 1002. VLAN 106 -> 1003. On port 3 translate VLAN 107 -> 1001. VLAN 108 -> 1002. VLAN 109 -> 1003. In example VLAN 1002 in on port 2 is translated to VLAN 105 internally on the Cisco. How do I do this? :)
2 Replies 2

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far my understanding we cant achieve this with the above switch. We need Metro ethernet switch to do this job.

HTH

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You might be able to cross link VLAN ports, e.g. port 1, VLAN 101, connects to port 2, VLAN 1001, to effect a "translation", but on a switch with only 12 ports, you can only do 5 such connections (I'm assuming you want 1 or 2 ports for connections to other devices to move the VLAN traffic in or out).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card