Views
Helpful
Replies

vlan trunking Script

Althaf07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

in our Network setup day to day job includes trunking the vlans. it includes the configuring the L2 vlan if the vlan is not present on the switches and then allow on Uplinks and other trunk ports ( VM Cluster ). all our layer 3 vlans are terminated on firewalls ( ASA + Palo Alto VMs ) i would like to know if there is any script that can automate this process of trunking the vlans on the Switches Provided the conditions met.

Also please give me your suggestions to reduce the manual work for trunking the vlans. 

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can any scripting Language get the current config, and compare it with compliance config and add additional Configuration required.

you can use any automation tools which you are comfortable with to make this work, test 1 switch, and monitor all good, same template can be used for others to automate.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Althaf07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Balaji your answer is very generic. i know that any scripting language/tool can be used to compare the current config and accordingly modify the change. i am looking for some model script if anyone is using it already in their environment. so i can change it and use to meet our needs.

Hello,

an EEM script that checks the existing Vlans and adds Vlan 2 in case it does not exist, and that also checks if the trunks on a switch allow that Vlan, would be an option. I'll see what I can come up with...

Hi Georg i am looking forward to see your script

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card