Views
Helpful
Replies

VLANs

feruqhshariff
Level 1
Level 1

Need your help please, I have Cisco SG-35028P switch,

I have a task of creating two or three VLANs with DHCP and the internet should work for the clients.

I have a router Cisco Linksys X3500.

Please help me

7 Replies 7

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

I guess your Internet router is a small modem. So you would configure your internal router Linksys as a default gateway for all your three VLANs. Activate NAT on the Linksys to translate all three subnets into a single IP address (probably three NAT rules), which is the router's interface facing the internet modem. This router's interface must have a static IP address in the subnet range of the modem's LAN interface.

Dear Wassim,

Thanks for your reply, But could you help me by providing step by step configuration.

I am new to VLAN's , please help me

You would need VLANs here to reduce the size of the collision/broadcast domain into many portions. I guess your task involves setting different departments in different VLANs.

You need to create the VLANs on your switch: 03 VLANs for end users. All end users would be configured as access ports. The link between the switch and the Linksys would be configured as trunk to include all end user VLANs.

Regards

Wassim

Hi Wassim,

First i create required VLAN's , 1 or 2.

Then add the port's to the VLAN's.

How i configure DHCP?. 

I have full confusion, Is it possible for you to provide step by step configuration. Can i use graphical mode, Like accessing the switch by connecting one LAN cable to any one of the port?

I don't know the context of your task and I don't have experience with Linksys either. I just gave you a general overview. Describing all the steps in detail won't probably help you with text. Maybe a local assistance from a consultant or a network technician would be better in your case.

Regards

Wassim

I followed the video, But when i go to the step where i need to do the IP configuration -- ipv4 interface and click Add and select vlan2 and give IP same as shown in video the switch gets hanged and i lose the connection to switch and don't get switch access, till i reset the switch to factory default.

Please suggest for the same

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card