Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice VLan ACL

Hello,

I have new VOIP phones which are automatically getting set to the Voice VLAN.  (VLAN 20).  My DNS and DHCP servers are on VLAN 1.  Right now I'm trying to configure my VOIP Phones via my desktop which is on VLAN 1, however the traffic isn't crossing.  My switch is setup in Layer 2, so I'm not sure if this can be done, or do I have to set a ACL or something to allow traffic to cross VLANS?

Does anyone know?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Turn on "ip routing" on your switch and test again.

HTH

Thanks, can you enable IP Routing when in L2 Mode or does that only work in L3?  (I'm not able to enable it in L2 mode)

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure what mode switch you have as some switches are layer-2 only, but most newer switches like 3750, 3850, 3650, etc support l2/l3.

What is the switch model?

HTH 

We have a SG300-52.  So it has the ability to do L3 or L2.  Currently it's in L2 mode.  I have to actually switch this from the Web UI and not the CLI, so maybe I'm missing something.  Is there a way to enable Inter Routing via the Web UI?

Thanks

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
To jump across VLANs, generally you need a "router". Once you have a router (or a device that can route - and it seems your switch might be capable of that) you need to have it, and your other host devices configured correctly. (Your "router" also may need additional configuration to support DHCP across different networks too.)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card